Back to School Savings Tips
Welcome Detroit Viewers!
Did you happen to catch me on a local Detroit television station talking about my best back to school savings tips? Families with school age children will spend an average of $634 on school supplies and apparel. Here is some great information and back to school savings tips to help you save some cash.
- Shop at home before heading out to the store. You’re bound to discover all sorts of school supplies in perfectly good condition. I found binders, clipboards, scissors and rulers at home that we can reuse this year.
- When you do buy new, splurge on items that are high-quality and durable – you’ll end up saving money in the long run, even if the items are expensive up front. read about some of my favorite Back To School Backpacks & Coupon Codes to Save on Them.
Save on School Supplies
- Let kids pick one splurge item. It is easier to stay to the list and budget when they get to pick out one fun item. – For example a pencil box, folder, etc.
- Shop sales weekly. As you are doing your regular shopping each week pick up the items that are on sale. Stores assume you will buy everything at once and then you only get some items at a discount. Here on BargainShopperMom.com, I list the Weekly Best School Supply Sales and Best Prices and the full list for Target back to school items with coupon matchups.
- Buy enough to last all year and for home office and art supplies. These are the best prices you will will see the whole year.
- Use price matching so you don’t have to run all around town to get the best prices. Here are all the details. How to Save on School Supplies by Price Matching.
- Check out the prices on larger vs smaller packs. Do you need 8 glue sticks between your children? You can split a multi pack. Be sure to check the sale prices though since sometimes it is actually cheaper to buy the smaller packs.
- Buy sure to use mobile coupons including those found on Target Cartwheel. Learn more about How to Save at Target here.
Use Coupons on School Supplies and Clothing
- Before you ever shop online be sure to search for Online Coupon Codes
- There are printable, mobile and newspaper coupons for school supplies and you can search for Printable and Newspaper Coupons
Save on Back To School Clothing
- I have ten great tips on How to Save on Back to School Clothes here.
- Like and follow your favorite brands on Facebook. Old Navy and Gap are two that share exclusive coupons on their social media pages often that you won’t find anywhere else.
- If you prefer Twitter, tweet @ValpakCoupons or @Savings with hashtag #HelpMeSave and mention the back to school items you’re looking for. They’ll send you a coupon in return!
- Sign up for the FREE Bargain Shopper Mom daily email newsletter to learn about all the best sales and savings tips.
- Follow Bargain Shopper Mom on Facebook or Tweet with me on Twitter.