There are lots of bright, fun styles for tween girls for back-to-school and so your tween’s wardrobe doesn’t have to consist of only jeans and graphic tees this year. There are so many fun trends that your tween will love like bright colors, printed jeans and fun accessories. The key to saving money with tween is to show them styles you will both love so clothes don’t go unworn. To save money, I try and grab a few trendy outfits for my tween daughter and then let her pick out a few jeans and tees to mix and match. There are so many stores that have styles your tweens will love like Crazy 8, Gap, Justice, The Children’s Place and P.S. Aeropostale and they are all offering great deals for back-to-school.
P.S. Aeropostale is one of my daughter’s favorite brands. This season, they have more fashion pieces and less of their logo pieces. They have a new London rock-inspired line that your girls will love. I have seen so many peplum tops this season and this one is my favorite. I adore the scottie print paired with these colored jeans. My daughter fell in love with this London graphic tee and it pairs great with these fun plaid pants and the black jacket. I love that P.S. Aero has affordable prices and reasonable shipping.
There are so many mix and match pieces from The Children’s Place for tween girls. This feather printed chiffon skirt has stylish ruffles and and you can pair it with this cute, blue love shirt and sparkly tennis shoes. I see many tweens still wearing playful skirts to school and the sparkly high tops make it comfortable for play. Top it off with matching headband. I love the prices at The Children’s Place as they always have nice coupons and shipping deals.
Do you you have a sporty tween, but still want her to have some style? Gap has these great knits and my favorite is this purple striped knit dress. The bright green scarf makes this outfit really fun and your tween will love the comfort of this dress. Finish this outfit with a versatile jean jacket. I love that Gap always has free shipping for orders of $50 or more, along with their great coupons.
Shop Gap Now – Use coupon code FALLFIX for 40% off!
The Johnny B collection for Boden has some great vintage styles for tweens and if you haven’t tried this brand, you should check it out. I love this stylish Phoebe bird-printed dress, pictured on the right, paired with a bright cardigan. It also comes in this great pink print and the flowy top half of the dress is so chic! Boden always has great coupons and sales.
Shop Johnny B collection for Boden - 15% off will automatically be applied
If it is still really warm in your region, you might consider this colorful outfit from Crazy 8 for back-to-school. It’s from their Art Class Rocks collection, which is bright and fun. I love the cute short-sleeve heart sweater paired with the shorts and colorful belt. Top it off with a headband and blue sparkly flats. Crazy 8 is known for their affordable clothing and great sales.
Let’s face it, tweens love their graphic tees and jeans. This season, you can mix your graphic tees with really cool printed jeans. I love that Justice has printed jeans that perfectly coordinate with tees for that mix and match look. Finish this fun look off with some cool boots. Justice has so many new styles this season that you will find something fun that your girls will love.
Be sure to check out all our other back to school tips and back to school sales information.
Mabel’s Labels Coupon Code
When you are getting ready for back to school, don’t forget one very important item – Mabel’s Labels! It is so easy for kids to misplace items so labeling is so essential. I even have an exclusive Mabel’s Labels coupon code to help you save on these high quality labels.
Identify clothes, footwear, books, backpacks and more with the Ultimate Back to School Combo. Just use the coupon code BSMBTS for 10% off the back to school combo through 8/15.
This best selling label combo pack contains all the labels needed to identify children’s school gear and other belongings and keep them out of the lost and found! Skinny-Minis™ are slim, dishwasher-safe, waterproof labels ideal for school supplies such as rulers, pens and lunch containers. Teeny Tags™ are small metal tags to attach to backpack zips, pencil cases and sports bags. Laundry-safe Tag Mates™ peel and stick to clothing care tags while Shoe Labels are extra tough waterproof labels for the inside of footwear.
I’m also excited to share with you that Mabel’s Labels now offers free shipping to the US on all orders. No minimum purchase necessary. Save with the exclusive Bargain Shipper Mom Mabel’s Labels Coupon code and take advantage of free shipping by shopping Mabel’s Labels!
Top Tips on How to Save on Back to School Clothes
It is back to school time and you know what that means…. back to school clothes shopping. Shopping for back to school clothes can be very expensive especially if you want all the latest and greatest styles. I love to get great brand name back to school fashions but I also love to do so at a discount. Wondering how you can save on back to school clothes too? I have 10 tips on how you can save on back to school clothes. If you follow these tips, you can save lots of cash.
- Before you ever head out shopping, the first thing to do is to go through your children’s current clothing and see what you what you have and what you need. Check what still fits and if you have hand me down clothing from one of your children. Did you buy anything ahead at great discounts? You might be surprised by how much you already have. Once you take inventory you can then allocate your clothing budget across the items you need to purchase.
- See if any current clothing can be repurposed. Too short girl’s dresses can often be worn as tunic once you add some leggings. Short sleeve graphic tees work great all year round. Just add a long sleeve shirt underneath and it transitions to cooler weather. You might even want to buy some spring/summer items with big discounts now that can be repurposed for fall.
- Don’t wait until the typical August back to school clothing sales instead take advantage of sales year round to get amazing discounts an back to school clothes. If you are looking for a cute first day of school outfit remember that it will most likely still be warm on the first day so pick up a cute outfit a fraction of the price during summer sales. I will let you know about the best back to school clothing sales here.
- For cooler weather clothing, wait for sales and discounts that usually occur in Late September or October. Plus this also gives kids an opportunity to figure out what the styles are before you go all out and discover that the clothes you splurged on are “soooo last season.”
Shop Online With Coupon Codes
- Use the online coupon code database to find percent discount coupon codes on clothing and free shipping. Your best savings will be when you can stack a online coupon code on top of a sale price. If you do that you can usually can find in season clothing for 50% off or more. I never ever pay full price for children’s clothing. You can almost always find an online coupon code and stack those savings with a sale.
Shop In Store with Coupons
- If you are buying in store, be sure to check for a coupon. For example, I rarely anything at Gymboree without using a Gymboree coupon. Magazines are great sources of coupons and well as directly from the store. This leads me to the next tip.
Sign up for Discounts
- Be sure to get on favorite stores email lists and follow them on Facebook and Twitter so you know about all their sales. Sometimes special coupon codes and sales with only be announced this way.
Shop Children’s Flash Sale Sites
- With Flash Sale sites, you can often find high end brands for much less. You need to be a member but membership is FREE. They often carry hand-picked, boutique items as well as brand names for moms, babies and kids at up to 70%off retail. Many of these sites will offer special back to school deals on apparel, backpacks, educational toys, lunch fixings and tools and everything else you need to send your kids back to school. New events launch daily but only last for a short period of time often 72 hours or less. My favorite kids flash sale site is Zulily. Be sure to sign up with Zulily to find out about all their sales.
Consider Gently Used Clothing
- Ebay, online used clothing stores or local used clothing stores like Plato’s Closet. Some of my favorite online sites are Thredup and MoxieJean for back to school clothes. When you use the Thredup link you will also receive 20% off your first order and free shipping. If you click through the MoxieJean link, you will get a coupon for $10 off $20 in designer baby & kids clothes. (You could sell some out your outgrown clothing to fund this year’s purchases as well)
Use Discounted Gift Cards
- Buy discounted gift cards for for favorite stores and save even more. You can stack triple savings on clothing by using discounted gift cards, coupon codes, and shopping sales. I like to use Raise.com to buy discounted giftcards online. If you are a new customer, you can save $5 off $75 with code RAISE75AF. This is on top of their already discounted prices.
Be sure to check out all our other back to school tips and back to school sales information.
There is a great Pop Chips Sale today as the Amazon gold box deal. It is good today only! If you use subscribe and save , these come down to as low as $.51 a bag! I was so happy to see this because we just ran out recently from the last time these were on super sale at Amazon and I stocked up. I LOVE these little chips. They are so tasty. I also like that they are a healthier version of a chip so I can feel a bit better sending them in a packed lunch. Perfect for back to school!
Have you read the easy school lunch ideas article yet? These chips would work great.
If you like your popchips just plain, grab these Popchips, Original, 0.8-Ounce Single Serve Bags (Pack of 24) for just $12.34.
There are also Popchips 4-Flavor Tortilla Variety Pack, 1-Ounce (Pack of 24) for this great price!
They have lots of other options too for this price.
How can you get them at this great price?
- Click on the Pop Chips you are interested in.
- Do NOT put them in your cart instead look below and see where you can sign up for Subscribe & Save. I always choose every 6 months so I have plenty of time to cancel. You can cancel your subscription anytime, online, 24 hours a day. You use the “Manage Your Subscribe & Save Items” page, which can be found in your account.
- Your final price should be $12.34 or just $.51 a bag! (Some flavors are priced higher but is for this is for the flavors originally priced at $12.99)
Here are more back to school sales and tips.
If you have a tween or teen who might need these for school or maybe you just want to stock up at home, this is a great price for this large pack of Sharpies. I use these for crafting at home. Amazon has this 24-Pack of Ultra Fine Sharpie Colored Markers for just $11.00 and the 24 pack of regular Fine Point Sharpie Markers for $11.00. If your total order is $25 or more, then it will ship for free. This same set of markers is priced at $19.99 at Staples, OfficeMax and more. [Read more...]
If you are looking for back-to-school gear like backpacks and lunchboxes, the best way to save is to buy quality sets with coupons and discounts. I like to spend a little more to on my gear and then have my kids use them for a few years. Some of the lower quality sets tend to rip, break or have zipper problems mid-year and then you will end up replacing them before the year is over or replacing them yearly.
If you use your coupons, you can find durable backpacks and gear with coupons at Land’s End, Pottery Barn Kids, eBags, Garnet Hill, LL Bean and more. Also, many stores are shipping backpacks to your doorstep for free. Instead of spending precious time and gas, stopping at store after store, order your backpack online and take advantage of free shipping offers.
If your boys prefer a solid print, check out this ultra-durable backpack from Land’s End. It is a stunning blue color with a pop of orange and has a reinforced bottom to withstand boys that tend to be rough on their gear. Check out the sternum strap that helps to provide extra support and comfort, especially if your boys tend to carry heavy items.
I am a HUGE fan of Land’s End back packs and they hold up so well that my oldest daughter carried the same Land’s End backpack for 4 years! You can add monograms for an extra special touch.
My tween is probably going to get this Print Dash Backpack for middle school this year. I love that on the Land’s End website you can see the backpacks modeled.
Land’s End often runs great specials and coupons for back-to-school. See the most current coupons below.
If your kids love character backpacks and you don’t like the quality of most character packs at local stores, Pottery Barn Kids is known for high quality character backpacks. If you have a Star Wars lover, check out these fun backpacks. They come in every size to fit your child’s needs and right now, they ship to your doorstep for free.
Current Pottery Barn Coupon Codes Below.
Teens and tweens are sometimes hard to please and it’s better to get one nice backpack they will use vs. lots of gear that you know will be thrown in the back of the closet. Vera Bradley can be pricey, but they often have sales and deals. I just love these neutral fall colors of this Vera Bradley Puffy Backpack in Cocoa Moss.
Most Current Vera Bradley Coupons
This Explorer Backpack is nice and roomy for large folders and has handy side mesh pockets for water bottles. Your boys will love this cool red and gray camo print. L.L. Bean has several different styles of backpacks and right now, they will ship to your door for free.
L.L. Bean is great for standing behind their product. They have the motto “Guaranteed to Last” on the home page of their website. Check out this pretty floral backpack and right now they are shipping backpacks to your doorstep for free. Instead of driving from store-to-store shopping for backpacks, save on gas and have your quality backpack arrive at your doorstep!
Ebags.com is one of my favorite places to get great bags. They have different coupons every day and they often have free shipping too. My tween daughter got a great Jansport messenger bag last year and it was 30% off with free shipping. If you have a tween that loves Zebra, then they will love this adorable Jansport bag. After a year of use my daughter’s Jansport looks brand new! I love the bright colors of this Quiksilver and there are lots of fun prints in the Roxy Shadow Box print. Check out the great selection Jansport, Quiksilver and Roxy that Ebags carries.
Most current coupon codes below
If your girls love peace signs, check out this cute set from Garnet Hill. I have purchased several nice sets from Garnet Hill and they are great quality. Garnet Hill has great backpack and lunchbox specials. From now until September 3, you will receive a free lunchbox with your backpack purchase.
Horse lovers, this is one of Garnet Hill’s most popular prints for girls, plus take advantage of the free lunchbox special that is running now through September 3rd. I just love the bright colors and the fun polka dots with the coordinating horse print.
Click here to find the most recent school supply sales and back to school savings tips.
Zulily is having a Eddie Bauer school uniform sale today. I didn’t even know that Eddie Bauer made school unforms but these look nice and Eddie Bauer quality is always good. [Read more...]
How to save on school supplies by price matching
Back to school sales are starting already. Every year they seem to kick up within a few weeks of school getting out, plus with the increasing number of schools going year round and some schools starting in early August, these are deals parents want to see.
Since sales are plentiful for back to school, the bigger question might be “how do I do this without shopping 20 stores?”
Answer: You price match.
Price matching tips:
- Take your list with you, with all price matches noted.
- Take the competitor ads with you, even if they don’t require them, it never hurts to have the proof.
- Have a printed copy of the price match policy with you.
Grab the list the school gave you or make your own and plan to make one trip each week for the best prices on school supplies with the price match policies at these stores:
Target’s Low Price Promise - If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price.
What you need to know: Take the ad or your smartphone with you and be ready to prove the price match. They match actual hard copy ads AND online prices. You will need the actual ad in your hand for everything except: Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com.
NOTE: To price match at Target you must go to Guest Services BEFORE you check out your item to get it approved.
Bonus: Not only can you price match in the store the day you are buying, but if you find a lower price with in 7 days of your purchase you can go in and get a refund of the difference.
Walmart’s Ad Match Guarantee - We’re committed to providing low prices every day. On everything. So if you find a lower advertised price on an identical product, tell us and we’ll match it. Right at the register.
What you need to know: You do NOT need to have the ad in your hand. The price MUST be in dollar amount (no BOGO or % off). The sizes MUST match (if the competitor has a 10ct pencil pack on sale and Walmart only has a 12ct, it’s a no go). Price matching can be done right at the register.
Best Buy’s Low Price Guarantee - If you find a lower price on a qualifying product with the Low Price Guarantee message at a local retail competitor’s store or a designated major online retailer, we will match the price.
What you need to know: Limit one identical item per price match. There are a number of exclusions. They will price match online, but only items that have a low price guarantee badge next to them. Their policy just says to present your proof in store.
Bonus: The price match guarantee is valid for 15 days after purchase.
Office Depot Price Match Policy - If you find a lower price at another store on a new, identical item, show us the lower price at the time of purchase and we will match it on the spot. Or show us the lower price within 14 days of your Office Depot purchase and we will pay you the difference. Our price is the final price you pay after any discounts, coupons, instant savings and mail-in savings are applied. We will match the other store’s point-of-sale price after deducting their instant rebates and coupons. We will not match the other store’s mail-in rebates nor will we deduct the value of any gift with purchase.
What you need to know: You need to have the ad, items must be identical. Present ad for price match at checkout.
Bonus: They price match point of sale final price. That means you get the competitor’s price AFTER any instant in store savings you would get at the competitor. Plus, they will price match for up to 14 days after purchase.
Staples Price Match Guarantee - If you find a lower price on a new identical item, just show us the lower price when you buy the item at Staples and we will match the price, or within 14 days of your Staples purchase and we will give you the difference (see full policy for details).
What you need to know: You need to have the ad with you, items must be identical. Price match is done at the register.
Bonus: They will price match for up to 14 days after purchase.
OfficeMax 100% Price Guarantee - If you find a lower price on an identical item (brand and model number) prior to your purchase or during the exchange and return period, OfficeMax will match that price. If the offer includes a free or discounted item, we will match the offer only if OfficeMax carries the identical item.
What you need to know: They match final point of sale price (that includes any in store savings specials). You do not have to have the ad with you, but all price matches can be subject to verification so it’s best to have it. Price match is done at the register.
Meijer Price Match Policy: Meijer will match ads for General Merchandise from major competitors in each store’s trading area within certain guidelines.
What you need to know: You need to have the ad. Identical products only. Item must be in stock at the competitor. Some exclusions apply. Price match is done at the register.
Click here to find the most recent school supply sales and back to school savings tips.
School and sport season is starting and Capri Suns work great for both.
Grab this great new printable coupon! These are priced at about $2 at most stores so this will make them 50% off or more!